MAIN CAMPUS / WEST CAMPUS
The communications specialists supports and coordinates all school communications by creating and implementing professional, on brand communication material on email, social media and other channels as appropriate. Naturally curious, and digitally savvy, the idea candidate for this role is proactive and organized, a self starter with the ability to upskill herself, and master new digital platforms and apps.
• Parent Communication – producing and dispatching parent communications on behalf of school leadership, administration offices such as business, finance, HR and transportation, using pre-designed branded templates. This includes regular email announcements, supported by social media creative, as well as regular whole school Director’s Newsletters.
• Social media – creating and managing a content and defining a calendar for all our social media, including producing content such as branded posts and videos, providing reports on which posts perform well, streamlining social media strategy.
• Coordinating content for school website for updates
• Creative asset management – maintaining and updating our library of images and video content, in conjunction with marketing team.
• Ensuring all school teams are equipped with the right branding and templates for communications needs by coordinating with marketing team.
• Digitally savvy and strong awareness of digital marketing and communication tools and apps
• Excellent communication skills in English - copywriting, editing and proofreading
• Strong design aesthetic
• Understanding of using a CMS for website management and online newsletters
• Management of social channels such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn and YouTube – creating and curating content, social influence building
• Graphic design, photo editing and retouching skills with a working knowledge of Canva, In Design, Adobe Acrobat, Adobe Photoshop preferable
• Knowledge of audio/video editing
• Excellent interpersonal skills and a positive and enthusiastic attitude
• Strong work ethic
• Committed to achieving best practice communications
• Organized and able to work independently
• Resourceful and collaborative approach to solving problems
• Proactive and able to prompt others to ensure deadlines and targets are achieved
• Excellent attention to detail
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Media, Journalism, Business, Marketing or related field of study
• 3 years’ experience in marketing and social media.
• American International School in Egypt – Main Campus, New Cairo
• American International School in Egypt – West Campus, Sheikh Zayed, 6th of October City