The American International School in Egypt (AISE) provides a comprehensive and challenging American and international education. AISE inspires students to be lifelong learners who contribute positively to a diverse and changing world. The school offers a co-educational, English language, college preparatory program of studies alongside the International Baccalaureate Diploma Program. AISE encourages the expression of multiple perspectives in a safe and nurturing learning environment so that the cultural identity of each student is valued.
This is a full-time on-site role for an Accountant. The Accountant will be responsible for maintaining and reconciling financial records, preparing financial statements, processing payroll, managing accounts payable and accounts receivable, and creating and analyzing financial reports.
Moreover, the candidate must have strong interpersonal skills, possess a strong business acumen and results oriented with eagerness to learn.
- Strong knowledge of accounting principles and practices including GAAP and IFRS
- Experience in using accounting software and spreadsheets
- Knowledge of accounts payable and accounts receivable processes
- Attention to detail and accuracy in data entry and reporting
- Certified or partially certified accountant is a plus.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team environment
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or related field
- Experience in an educational or non-profit environment is preferred. Minimum experience: 3-5 years.